46 injured from a carbon monoxide leak at a motel
Thank you for choosing Automatic Translation. Currently we are offering translations from English into French and German, with more translation languages to be added in the near future. Please be aware that these translations are generated by a third party AI software service. While we have found that the translations are mostly correct, they may not be perfect in every case. To ensure the information you read is correct, please refer to the original article in English. If you find an error in a translation which you would like to bring to our attention, it would help us greatly if you let us know. We can correct any text or section, once we are aware of it. Please do not hesitate to contact our webmaster to let us know of any translation errors.
46 people have been hospitalized after a carbon monoxide leak at a motel in Winnipeg, Canada on Tuesday, reports CBC News.
At least 15 people have life-threatening injuries, while the condition for 26 people is stable. The state of the remaining five is described as unstable.
Two of the victims are children, but they do not have life-threatening injuries. Just over 50 people were in the building when a gas alarm was triggered shortly after 10 am local time.
Carbon monoxide is a very toxic gas with no color, odor or taste. In high concentrations, it blocks the oxygen transport to the body's soft tissues, causing oxygen deficiency in the cells.
Mild poisoning causes symptoms such as dizziness, headache and nausea. Higher concentrations can cause unconsciousness, seizures and respiratory failure.