CTIF Forest fires Commission Meeting 2016
Thank you for choosing Automatic Translation. Currently we are offering translations from English into French and German, with more translation languages to be added in the near future. Please be aware that these translations are generated by a third party AI software service. While we have found that the translations are mostly correct, they may not be perfect in every case. To ensure the information you read is correct, please refer to the original article in English. If you find an error in a translation which you would like to bring to our attention, it would help us greatly if you let us know. We can correct any text or section, once we are aware of it. Please do not hesitate to contact our webmaster to let us know of any translation errors.
I hereby invite you to participate to the CTIF forest-fires commission’s meeting in Valabre, France, on May 23rd and 24th. For the preparation, please find the following program:
1. French doctrine, forest-fires
2. Aero surveillance
4. New flight base of the Civil Protection in Nimes
5. Meeting with the working group of the European program I.G.N.I.S. (Initiative for Global maNagement of bIg fires through Simulation).
The I.G.N.I.S. program is led, during two years, by 4 countries:
- United Kingdom: Northumberland County
- Italy: Firefighters, public assistance and civil defence department
- Portugal: Firefighters national school
- France: l’ENTENTE pour la forêt Méditerranéenne
They work on:
- The growing importance of forest-fires in Europe;
- The impact of climate change and its repercussions on operational responses;
- The lack of resources, the difficulties about coordination with external reinforcements;
- Logistical problems
- The differences between interventions doctrines
The meeting will begin on May 23rd around 19:00 with a diner in Valabre and will end on May 24th around 16:30.