Firefighters Health: Tommy Baekgaard Kjaer
Tommy Baekgaard Kjaer, Denmark
Chair of the Commission since 2020
Contact the CTIF Health Commission at email@example.com
- Public Firefighter for 27 years from early 1987 to late 2014 included:Educated and trained as a fire officer and instructor from the Danish State Fire service.
- Special training in professional rescue diving, high rescue and chemical diving. Also certified in “Reconstruction and Integration of Traumatic Stress”.
- Worked with psychological health for firefighters since 2004 and with occupational cancers since 2010.
- Editor of firefighter magazine from 2005 to 2017.
- Union leader from 2010 to 2020. Member of board since 2006.
- Board member (Vice president) for European Firefighter Unions Alliance EFFUA from 2008 to 2020.
- Founder and president of “Danish Firefighter´s Cancer Organization” BFC since 2013.
- Author of numerous articles about occupational health and safety for firefighters.
- Speaker to firefighter organizations, Universities and Parliaments around the world about occupational health and safety for firefighters.
- Member of various expert and working groups working for a fire safe Europe.
- Lifelong member of honour within “The Nordic Firefighters” NBS 2015.
- Winner of “The Danish Community Awards 2015”
- Chairman of the CTIF Health Commission from 2020.