During the 2016 meeting in Croatia, the Hazardous commission decided to organize common practical trainings.
The first one took place, the last 1st and 2nd march 2017, in the French Mulhouse fire station and was managed by the Radiological unit of Upper Rhine Fire Department.
May, 2: arrival at Lisbon International Airport, transfer to the hotel by Portuguese fire brigade;
May, 3: Commission’s spring meeting in one of the Fire Stations in the area;
May, 4: SEGUREX 17 Congress: presentations by our commission members; http://segurex.fil.pt/
May, 5: transfer to the airport by Portuguese fire brigade
Draft agenda meeting
ISO project & Euro N Cap project;
Attack gas cylinders and conclusions;
New members presentation;
UAV: present and future realizations;
Energy Storage Systems;
FIA Meeting Finland;
Euro NCAP milestones
Extrication challenge Czech Republic;
Technical requirements rules and standards for construction and isntallation gas facilities and installations
High Voltage Batteries: vehicles and power walls: information for first and second responders.
Major Tom Van Esbroeck
CTIF Commission for Extrication & New Technology
On behalf of the Greece Association, we hereby formally invite you to the 48th CTIF Hazardous Materials Commission meeting.
The meeting will take place from 23rd - 26th November 2016 in Athens, Greece.
We will discuss the standard items of the commission (lessons learned and national reports) and also the products of the working groups.
The following topics from our last meetings will be also taken up by us in Athens.
- UN Dangerous Goods regulation, future steps and needs
- Tactics with gas cylinders, i.e. Acetylene
- Response to LNG incidents
- EU project cooperations
- Ban on fluorinated foams
- HERCA - WENRA cooperation
- Telematics, future development, electronic paper
- Education and training courses for hazmat and CBRN,...
The organizers will put together a very interesting study program including visits with the local authorities in order to take advantage of our time in Athens.
A definitive proposal of schedule is being worked on and will be forthcoming.
Best regards and a nice summer!
Organisation Fall Meeting
Training of judges for the international Youth Fire Brigade competitions in 2017 of 14-16th October 2016 in Linz
Ladies and gentlemen,
again to ensure a regular and youth-friendly review at the 21. International Youth Fire Brigades competitions in VILLACH 2017, but also to convey to the Competition Rules 7th edition of 2012 for the International Youth Fire Brigades competitions, will the reviewers offered a reviewer training as in previous years.
This reviewer training the reviewers of the National Fire Brigade associations given the opportunity, on the basic of practical exercises to gain experience but also to acquire knowledge about the handling of the Competition Rules.
Given the encouraging high power density are the winning groups in their results extremely tight at the top, so to view a regular review of decisive importance. In addition, all participating groups have the right to be objective and equally assessed or evaluated. It is therefore necessary that the evaluators to the 21th International Youth Fire Brigades competitions according VILLACH 2017 (Austria) are sent to participate in this training in the fall 2016. It intends to send only those Contributor which are also involved in the activities with the young firefighters in the National Fire Brigade associations.
These courses have been proven in the past, from 1996 to 2014 and again well as paving
the way for the next Contributor International Youth Fire Brigades competitions 2017
BR Ignaz Mascha, eh.
Jörn-Hendrik Kuinke, eh.
Vorsitzender der IJLK des CTIF
Dear CTIF comrades.
I cordially invite you to the 19 th meeting of the Commission on Wednesday, 5 th October 2016 from 10.00 to 16.00 to the Fire Brigade Movement Centre Pribyslav, Czech Republic.
1. Report of the Chairman and the members, activities 2015/2016
2. Certification of fire brigade museums, report state of affairs (Schamberger)
3. Certification of historical fire brigades vehicles, report state of affairs (Sallaberger)
4. Venues and topics for the coming conferences (2017 = 25 th conference)
5. Archive of the CTIF, museum of the CTIF, further activities
6. Various things
Following to the 19 th meeting of our Commission, the 24 th conference of the International Study Group from the 6 th to 8 th October also will take place in Pribyslav.
I hope that you can take part in the 19 th meeting and in the 24 th conference.
With comradely greetings
I hereby invite you to participate to the CTIF forest-fires commission’s meeting in Valabre, France, on May 23rd and 24th. For the preparation, please find the following program:
1. French doctrine, forest-fires
2. Aero surveillance
4. New flight base of the Civil Protection in Nimes
5. Meeting with the working group of the European program I.G.N.I.S. (Initiative for Global maNagement of bIg fires through Simulation).
The I.G.N.I.S. program is led, during two years, by 4 countries:
- United Kingdom: Northumberland County
- Italy: Firefighters, public assistance and civil defence department
- Portugal: Firefighters national school
- France: l’ENTENTE pour la forêt Méditerranéenne
They work on:
- The growing importance of forest-fires in Europe;
- The impact of climate change and its repercussions on operational responses;
- The lack of resources, the difficulties about coordination with external reinforcements;
- Logistical problems
- The differences between interventions doctrines
The meeting will begin on May 23rd around 19:00 with a diner in Valabre and will end on May 24th around 16:30.