I hereby invite you to participate to the CTIF forest-fires commission’s meeting in Valabre, France, on May 23rd and 24th. For the preparation, please find the following program:
1. French doctrine, forest-fires
2. Aero surveillance
4. New flight base of the Civil Protection in Nimes
5. Meeting with the working group of the European program I.G.N.I.S. (Initiative for Global maNagement of bIg fires through Simulation).
The I.G.N.I.S. program is led, during two years, by 4 countries:
- United Kingdom: Northumberland County
- Italy: Firefighters, public assistance and civil defence department
- Portugal: Firefighters national school
- France: l’ENTENTE pour la forêt Méditerranéenne
They work on:
- The growing importance of forest-fires in Europe;
- The impact of climate change and its repercussions on operational responses;
- The lack of resources, the difficulties about coordination with external reinforcements;
- Logistical problems
- The differences between interventions doctrines
The meeting will begin on May 23rd around 19:00 with a diner in Valabre and will end on May 24th around 16:30.
To members of the CTIF forest-fires commission
I hereby formally invite you to participate on the CTIF Forest Fires Commission´s education on a wildland simulator in Zagreb, Croatia.
The education on the simulator will take place on 2nd September 2015 (Wednesday) from 8.30-16.00 h in the professional Fire Brigade of Zagreb, Savska cesta 1, 10 000 Zagreb-Croatia (please register on the attached registration form till 14.8.2015.). The education is organized by the French Fire-Fighting School of Valabre, supported by the EU-project “Holistic” and is free of charge. The education language is English. Accomodation is possible in hotel Westin-Zagreb (125 EUR/night), but also in the professional Fire Brigade of Zagreb (registration for accommodation in the professional Fire Brigade via registration form). The registration for accommodation in the hotel Westin you have to make via web-site: http://ctif2015zagreb.hvz.hr/, register-accomodation not later than 14.8.2015.
Because the education on the simulator is immediate before the activities of the CTIF (General Assembly, Symposium), for the members of the CTIF Forest Fires Commission it is possible to take part on these activities, but by paying the participation fee for 3. September 2015. (200 EUR) and /or for the Symposium on 4.9.2015. (90 EUR). For participating on these additional activities of the CTIF you have to register on the web-site: http://ctif2015zagreb.hvz.hr/, register-participation.
Please take care to fill in the registration forms in time (till 14.8.2015).
I am looking forward to seeing you in Croatia!
Secretary of the CTIF Forest Fires Commission
Zagreb, 6. August 2015.
The CTIF-forest fires Commission meets on 13 and 15 January 2015 at the Center of Valabre in France WWW.ENTENTE-VALABRE.COM
The purpose of this meeting is to define together the objectives and organization of this Commission. In particular it should be designated the Chairman of the Commission and shall be developed the issues upon which put the emphasis in the coming years.
You find attached the program and the registration form
For any information contact the following addresses.
For accommodation and transfer from airport: S.GIRAUDI@VALABRE.COM
For any other information:
DANIELERYSER@BLUEWIN.CH; PHONE: +41 79 478 31 21